I suppose for every famous person, there was a particular day where they moved from mediocrity to spectacularity...and for me that day was today.
I am now famous. Get used to it. I am a published photographer.
While driving in Oklahoma, I spotted a sign in front of a mechanic that read "No more credit for anyone." I snapped a picture.
On a regular basis, I read the blog Consumerist.com. It is like Consumer Reports for extremely young, hip, exciting people like me.
They maintain a pool of photographs on Flickr, and so I submitted mine into the pile. I believe there are millions.
And today, they used it as the picture for an article. And credited me "eakirkland". You can see this here.
I have not heard yet how much I will be getting paid, or when they will need some more photos. For now, I am just basking in the success.
ek
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry, I got distracted at the young and hip part. :) Very funny picture and looking forward to buying the coffee table book of your published photographs soon.
ReplyDelete