I love big words. I do not love spending $800 on big words. But I do love knowing my baby will be able to hear and (hopefully) get rid of his ear infection(s). Yep, G's getting tubes on Friday...heck of a birthday gift. We wanted to get him something kind of permanent, but not really permanent like a tattoo. He's had a perpetual ear infection since October, he's on his 4th oral antibiotic and his ear drums have perforated twice. Y'all don't need to leave comments saying things like "poor baby" because actually, he's a very expensive baby.
That last part was a joke. I'm very glad the ENT is being proactive (instead of "let's try another antibiotic and I'll see him in 2 weeks") and willing to do it so close to Christmas, especially since my husband would like Aetna to pay for it (we're switching to an HSA in January).
Tubes are ridiculously small. There are the size of this -->o<--, actually, more like an o in font size 10, Times New Roman. I asked about whether Graham can submerge his head under water and he said it is a common misconception. The tubes are too small for water to go in, but large enough for drainage to come out?! I don't get it. My brother had tubes 25+ years ago and he had to have special ear plugs molded. He also ended up with a perforated ear drum which required skin grafting. So I'm not going to use him as my reference point.
When they're ready to come out (6 months-1 year), I hope the tubes fall outside the ear instead of inside his head.
BNK
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment