I've been spending the last few months pregnant, and Eric has been spending the last few months dealing with me being pregnant. That's why he's been working on his race car. More on that in a minute. We're about a month away, and knowing how much more time consuming the baby is outside the womb, I'm okay with him/her waiting till the last minute. With the exception of first trimester morning sickness, it's been uneventful. We hope to keep it that way until delivery, which will be eventful no matter how Lamazed I am. The plan is to try this one natural, unless I need pitocin, then light me up!
We've been vacationing some. Graham and I flew out to San Diego in March to meet my parents. We all staying in the same hotel room, which is why G got used to sleeping in bed with me. No adult (make that 3 adults) can sleep in a room with a screaming baby who knows he has the upper hand. We had to break that habit once we got back home. We went to the San Diego Zoo, some great restaurants, and G had his first experience with the ocean/sand. He didn't like it.
In May, we flew out to Ohio to see Eric's grandmother in Rittman and then drove down to Athens, Ohio to see my cousin play some baseball games for Ohio University. He's a senior pitcher there. We had a good time seeing family. Eric's grandmother wanted to know why we hadn't house-broken Graham yet. Frank (Eric's dad) was "broken" at 12 months, so G is way behind the curve.
At the beginning of June, Eric had his first 24 hours of lemons race in Decatur, TX. He and 3 other guys from work have been working on a car since January, getting a junker in race condition. A rule of the race, among many, is to buy a car and fix it up for under $500. The car's engine exploded on the first lap, spewing the crank shaft into a field and oil all over the track. They were 4 disappointed boys! So Eric shmoozed the race coordinator into letting them enter the race in Denver, which was to occur in one month and they had to get a new engine from Albuquerque. More on that, but before I get ahead of myself...Graham and I staying in North Richland Hills for the week, and then Eric and I rendezvoused in Boston the next weekend while Nancy and Frank kept Graham. It was the first time I've been away from him, and I'll be honest, I could have stayed a few more days up Northeast! I'd forgotten what it was like to be singular. He did great with Nana and Papa and went swimming almost everyday! And Eric and I had fun being tourists without a child!
Like I said above, Eric and the guys raced again in Denver the second weekend of July. We went up early for 4th of July festivities and a mini-family reunion. We went to the old-time 4th festival in Woodland Park, saw fireworks from my aunt and uncle's country club, went to the symphony above the clouds, and went on a tour of an active gold mine near Cripple Creek. The race was out in the boondocks of eastern Colorado, appropriately called the BFE GP. I had to awkwardly tell my dad what that meant. Eric and his team got 8th place out of 50+ cars, so they felt some redemption.
So we're back to being just pregnant. No new adventures for a while. Graham continues to enjoy the backyard, going to the park, tumbling tykes class and chillin' with his fat momma! Eric goes to Wisconsin for a week at the beginning of August, and then will take a couple of weeks off for baby #2. Official due date is August 28, but I have a feeling we'll make it to the beginning of September. I keep telling him/her it will be easier come school enrollment time!
Till the next catch up!
BNK

No comments:
Post a Comment