Saturday, August 14, 2010

Apple Pie

Homemade apple pie is baking in my oven right now. Well, almost homemade. I don't do crust...or gravy. Those are two things I suck at. Our neighbors have two apple trees that they don't harvest, and so the moochy neighbor that I am requested to pick some, and they said have at it. I am a very good apple peeler and corer, but that's where it stops. I have bags of cut up apples in my freezer. Nancy and Frank came out last weekend, and she made an amazing apple pie (completely homemade with crust). So Eric and I made one last night and took it over to the neighbors. And then we just made one for ourselves. Do apples make you regular or the opposite?

My child is quite adorable. He associates objects with Daddy and verbalizes it. We were in the grocery by the butter, and he saw spray butter..."Dada, Dada." Eric thinks real butter is for people with poor self control. We went by the cold drink cooler, and he saw bottles of Mountain Dew..."Dada, Dada." "Yes, that's Daddy juice." (Self control?) And of course, any car, truck, or motorcycle is a "Dada", although I'm sure G does not remember Eric's motorcycle, so I don't know where he came up with that one. The items that he associates with "Mama" are a broom and cleaning supplies...oh well.

Here's a video of Graham after some pizza:

No comments:

Post a Comment