Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stickers

My child is obsessed with stickers. For the past couple of months, we have done a mommy and me "tumbling tykes" class. I don't have any pictures of Graham doing gymnastics, but you can get a visual of the class by imagining all the young girls with their mommies doing the requested activity while Graham, the only boy in the class, is spending his time twirling on the mat in complete oblivion to any form of organized tumbling. During the last class, G actually performed the bear crawl without me carrying him up and down the mat holding on to the back of his shirt and shorts, and two of the moms said "he's actually doing one of the exercises...yea Graham!" I wasn't offended, plus he can do a better somersault than your kid...just not on cue. So, what about stickers? The instructor gives the kids a dot sticker (the kind with a smiley face or animal) after each class and they swarm her pointing to the page indicating which one they want. One little sticker. And she puts it on the back of their hand. Graham will play with that sticker the entire way home, switching hands, putting it on his shirt, on his leg, and then ultimately into his mouth. Nancy and I found some cute truck and "traccccccTOR" stickers so I've started using them as rewards for going potty.

Now some pics. G and I went to Lowes to pick out paint for his room that I'm still not done painting. Yes, I'm due in 2 weeks. He found a tube of caulk and without ever seeing Eric or I caulk, he knew what to do.
He was getting so excited pouring water on himself outside in the backyard. The combination of laughing and sucking in air because the water was cold really made his xiphoid process stick out!
BNK

No comments:

Post a Comment