Monday, October 4, 2010

Entertainment

You are going to think I am a dork, but besides an occasional alcoholic drink, my forms of entertainment are quite meager. I like to go to CVS, Walgreens and Target and see how much crap I can get for the least amount of money. Yes, I'm a couponer, but it's beyond that. It's mostly stuff we don't need (or at least not at the moment) but it is fun to know I paid a small percentage of the same item that someone paid full price for. Aside from groceries, I have never paid full price for anything. And it amazes me that there are people out there who go to Bed Bath and Beyond or Harbor Freight and pay 20% more than me. If you don't know what I mean, you must get less junk mail than us.Back to my purchases today at Walgreens...I got all of the above items for $7.82. (2 boxes of Life cereal, 2 cans of Edge shaving cream, 1 tube of Crest toothpaste, 1 Oral-B toothbrush, 1 tube of Nivea lip balm, 1 EOS lip balm, 1 trial size Banana Boat sunscreen and 2 Charms suckers) For those of you who don't know (or don't care), CVS and Walgreens have Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards where you get money back to spend at the store if you buy certain items. Sometimes it's real stuff like toothpaste, shaving cream and milk, but sometimes it silly stuff like lip balm or saline spray. If you are in need of certain items, then it makes sense to buy something that has the reward bucks attached since you're going to spend that money anyway. You also have to do multiple transactions because the "bucks" print out after the purchase. Another caveat is that you have to have the same or more items than you do total coupons (mfg's, store, or "bucks") and that explains the Charms Pops for $.29. If you're reading this and aware of these stores practices, forgive me for telling you what you already know. And if this sounds really boring, you're probably right. Eric's glad since I make a really cheap date.

BNK

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you. Michael laughs at me, and even Owen knows that if there is no coupon, there is no purchase. And that's how I justify my once a week Starbucks habit...for which there is never a coupon. ;)

    ReplyDelete