Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Blog in my Head

Just so you know, I keep an active blog going in my head. I write lots of funny stuff, brag about my kids, tell about silly incidences, remember experiences with pictures. I do a lot of editing and try to come up with big words, sounding a bit verbose. The problem with writing in your head instead of on an actual blog is the amount of brain vomit when you actually do write something down on the computer. How do I do a synopsis of the past 6 months of brain blog? I'm looking back at my previous post title. What a dumb title. I do still like almonds though.

Let's see...I've been out of Lubbock more than I've been in Lubbock the past few months. Around spring break, drove to Kansas to see Paul, then to Missouri to see Eric's grandparents, and then to Ft. Worth. In April, back again to Ft. Worth for Eric's Lemon's race, and then a plane trip to Ohio to see Eric's grandma. The whopper of the summer was the trip to Alaska in June, and then a flight to Denver from Seattle with 2 kids BY MYSELF! Last month was a 10 year anniversary trip to Sedona. Went to Ft. Worth again earlier this month and then just got back from Colorado.

I'm tired! And paying the kid across the street to watch the dog is getting expensive. Anyone want a dog? I'm going to mention some things I've learned/experienced/forgotten before the barrage of photos.
1. I love visiting thrift/antique stores in the places I visit.
2. Graham is potty trained, just in case you thought that was still on-going.
3. Ohio has the most awesome strawberries, and little Amish girls sell them along the highway...and they don't wear shoes which makes their feet look like hooves.
4. I drink too much coffee.
5. Words with friends is on Facebook now...crap.
6. I bought an old rusty VW beetle bumper, and I'm going to somehow attach it to Graham's bedroom wall and hang the Cars quilt that Aunt Evelynn made him.
7. Cruises are awesome.
8. I want to live in Sedona.
9. My father-in-law was going to be a sports analyst if he didn't become an engineer.
10. Ask Eric to tell you a funny story.
11. Have Eric ask me which story I'm talking about.
12. Mother's Day Out, Parent's Day Out, Children's Day Out...whatever you want to call it, is awesome.
13. If I believed in reincarnation, I would want to come back as a weed in my front yard because I would never die.
14. Neely, oh yes, the second child...poor second child. She has the most beautiful eyes. They engage everyone. I should have caplocked that. EVERYONE comments on her eyes.
15. Couponing is addicting.
16. Decaf tea with mint and lime is the perfect drink.
17. Graham leaves out the letter 'K' when he sings the alphabet.
18. Kohl's sends me a $10 gift card every month. I don't know why. I now have a lot of $10 items in my house.
19. Victoria's Secrets also sends me a free panties gift card every month or so, but I didn't want to mention that because I would have to use the word panties, and it is just a kinky word.
20. Gold prices are climbing!

Nana and her babies at the Sundwall farm.
A Joyland excursion on Father's Day. It's just like Six Flags...ok, it's nothing like Six Flags.
Watching Daddy and Nana race in Ohio. It was a race for second place since the photographer took first.
Trying to fill Daddy's shoes..er, pants.
At Lemon's Race #1 this year.
Cars in our yard.We don't visit many big cities, but we happened upon our 2nd pride parade in Seattle.

In Glacier Bay.
On a glacier.


I've attempted (twice) to download more pictures on this post, but it's giving me a "bad request" response. I will either assume it means I have posted enough already, or that I need to request better. Or maybe it just means go to bed.

bnk

No comments:

Post a Comment