Saturday, November 21, 2009

First Post

I'm sure most first posts start like this...

All my friends have a blogs and I felt left out...by my own accord. So I'm joining the club. Heck, we both gave into facebook. Why not hop on this band wagon? FYI, I like to use ... a lot, so be prepared for long drawn out thoughts that don't merit a period in my mind. Also, I use words incorrectly all the time, so Eric's posts will be more grammatically correct. He's at the Tech/OU game right now with Dave, Ryan and Tiffani and doesn't know that he is now a blogger.

I have no theme in mind at this time. I'm in the middle of cleaning our bathroom and wanted a break. So I got a scoop of frosting from the fridge, sat down at the computer, googled 'how to start'... and 'how to start a blog' was the first autocomplete to pop up.

My routine of getting on the computer includes checking the drudgereport, foxnews, failblog, peopleofwalmart, facebook, and our gmail accounts (yes that includes Eric's own account, so that I know everything!). It's like a compulsive thing. I don't necessarily go in that order, but those are the always sites. The sometimes sites include woot, other people's blogs and my coupon sites. There you go. All unnecessary information, but at least you now know how I vote, and that I'm pretty boring.

Other issues I'm going to pursue is whether to make this an invite only blog or open to the world. Does it open you up to viruses or piss people off that either a: wanted to know all the random stuff in your life and didn't get invited or b: got invited and don't care? Do people feel obligated to join your blog if they know you? And what if you don't like somebody and they want to know the inner workings of you family? We'll find out, huh?

So, I'm going to try and not start out sentences with 'so,' and I'll post pictures on later posts.

BNK

4 comments:

  1. 1. YESSSSS. So happy you are blogging!
    2. What coupon sites? Sean wants me to use them. I probabably should.
    3. We have had the public/private debate many times. Personal decision. People will still like you no matter what you do!
    4. I am adding this blogs on my "blogs I love to read!"
    5. Post lots!
    The end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I comment on my own blog? Or I guess comment on a comment? The sites I go to are coupons.com, smartsource.com, redplum.com, and target's site, which has a coupon link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just as funny as Eric, so post away! Private/public is always a debate, but I prefer public because then you'll always show up in my Google reader. My "private friends" I don't get to check as often. And it is all about me, right?

    Oh wait, that's Owen's creedo, not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we've settled on public...we've got nothing to hide. I'm sure the statute of limitations has run out.

    ReplyDelete