Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eating

I just realized that I haven't drank any water in the last two days. Corn bread dressing doesn't count as a liquid, and I'm sure alcohol doesn't hydrate. We had Thanksgiving on Wednesday, which technically wasn't Thanksgiving, just a really big meal on Wednesday, 'cause we still called today Thanksgiving.

Are y'all going black friday shopping? (And by y'all I mean Sean and Camila since you are currently the only readers I know of) The in-laws have the ads spread out all over the living room. I don't know how much of it is talk and exclaiming, "Wow, a camouflage snuggie for $7.99", and what is just intrigue. There is no where I like to shop in the metroplex during the off season, much less this day...so, nope, I'm sleeping in.

I really like pecan pie. The Today show had a segment disclosing the sins of Thanksgiving and how the average slice of pumpkin pie has 200 calories and 8 grams of fat and that a slice of pecan pie has 500 calories and 25 grams of fat. I still don't like pumpkin pie even knowing this information. And it didn't affect how much pecan pie I ate. I'm just going to quit watching the Today show.

Graham went to the pediatrician last week because he had a cough for over a week. He has an ear infection. Funny, I didn't know a cough was one of the symptoms. I asked the doctor if I could cheat and start things earlier than the 12 month mark, such as put him forward facing in the car seat and give him cow's milk. He's not nursing as often, and I don't want to start formula for just a month. She's all for it, saying that 12 months is just a benchmark, not the absolute.

Adam picked up a highchair for G at Ikea. It's a great chair for the money, only $25, and has a detachable tray and is all plastic so it's easily cleaned. The current one in use at our house was mine from back in the day and doesn't have a belt, so we tie a dish towel around him. Eric thinks it's trashy, but G gets so much food down his shirt and on the "belt" that it's easier to be able to wash the towel. The Ikea one is fairly easy to transport. We'll use both I guess.

I'm going to go eat a piece of pecan pie.

BNK

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't like pumpkin pie? You are crazy! Woot had camo sleep sacks for like $1. It's like a snuggie for little people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When were the sleep sacks for sale? That's a great deal! I hope you bought a lot!

    ReplyDelete