Another thing that impressed me about Amazon was the live chat feature. It was so much easier than calling and talking to someone I couldn't understand, 'cause I can understand type, no matter your accent.
I use Google a lot when I write a post. My goal is to not sound dumb and to spell things correctly, both of which I'm sure I fail at each time. For instance, I googled Amazon's headquarters and BabiesRUs prices. Every time I spell the word definitely, I have to google the correct spelling, and the first site that popped up was this, which I thought was awesome.
Camila asked for more specifics on the potty training experience. I kept a running tally when we started on Friday. We got up to 2 for 2 (2 pee pees in the potty) and once it got over 2 for 9 (that's still only 2 pee pees IN the potty) I quit counting. I initially started G in a shirt, underwear, socks and shoes (it was cold, I felt bad that he wasn't wearing pants.) After getting his shoes wet with pee, we just did socks. Then I realized I just wanted to take off one wet thing when he had an accident instead of three, so he then went without socks. I also started the day off disinfecting the floor after an accident. That turned into just wiping it up with a wet paper towel since I'd be doing a full floor disinfection after all was said and done. I was very happy when he chose to have an accident on the tile instead of the carpet. I have to say, though, that it did seem to click after the second night. He's had a couple of accidents since, and we're still trying to figure out the night-time routine. What seems to work for the time being is to wake him up when we go to bed (about 2-3 hours after him), do a bathroom trip, and he's waking up dry in the morning. There are plenty of false alarms too. But I don't know they're false until after taking him to the bathroom, so it's a lot of back and forth. Neely's getting the brunt of it all. I'll be feeding her and have to quickly pop her off the boob, set her on the floor and run him to the bathroom. The first day of CDO was not great though. He held it for over 4 hours until I went up there early to take him to the bathroom. After we got home, he went down for a nap since he didn't nap at CDO, and had two accidents during nap time! Ugg. Today's CDO was better, so I'm feeling more confident.
I think this post is getting a little long and boring. It's like reading a book without pictures.
BNK

Thanks for the details and thanks for blogging more often! Your Atlanta friends appreciate it! Sounds like things are going great with the potty training! I'm not brave enough to try yet but will keep you posted. And I will def try Amazon moms! Such an informative post!
ReplyDelete