We are potty training today, and the next 2 days. Our friends
Joy and Will recommended "3 Day Potty Training" by the Queen of Potty Training, Lora Jensen. The gist of the program is to throw away (or bequeath to the younger sister) all of the child's diapers on Friday morning, and have the child run around in a shirt and underwear for the next 3 days. You constantly tell the child "Let mommy know when you need to go potty" instead of asking if they have to. I have said that more that 25 times so far today. As of right now, I have pee on my pants (not my own) and I've spotted the carpet with pet stain remover. He's down for a nap at the current time, so we'll see if I need to change sheets. She's not a proponent of training pants or pull-ups, even at night. We'll see if I increase my laundry duty beyond what it already is. Joy had success with her daughter Ani, and I hope to report back on Sunday that G is "broken".

Is it appropriate to post pictures of your children in their underwear on the internet? Oh well. He's pretty cute and proud of his underwear with cars on them.
I've been on a mission the last week or so. There are a couple of towns around the US named Graham...Texas, North Carolina, Washington and Arizona. It's actually Graham county in AZ. We bought a Graham, TX police patch off ebay a while back, and I decided to pursue getting other patches. So far, the fire departments from TX and NC have sent me a patch and the sheriff dept from AZ has as well. For free! How do they know I'm not trying to impersonate an officer or public servant? All this being said, I've contacted people at the fire department in Graham, Washington, and I can't get a response. In my emails, I've offered to send a check, a SASE, but to no luck. It's become a quest now.

Lately, I've been frustrated that I don't make any money. It's my self-imposed frustration...Eric doesn't care that I don't make money. And he lets me spend, for the most part, what I want. But, for instance, there is this opal ring at an antique shop or a new pair of Dansko's that I would like to have, but don't feel right spending discretionary money on them. I think I have found the answer. At another antique shop I bought a pair of gold opal earrings for $5 and a gold bracelet for $3. I took them, along with a gold necklace (that I have no idea where I found) to a jeweler in town and got $44 for the scrap gold. Problem solved. I'll just scour estate sales and antique/resale shops for cheap jewelry and get new shoes! At this same jeweler, I looked around the shop and found a pair of diamond earrings I liked...$2,500. I need to sell a lot of gold.

This is my latest find. Got it for $2.50 at an estate sale. It's marked 10K and I think they are real diamonds.
The idea for Graham's Valentine's Day cards came from a post on the internet (maybe http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com/, which is an awesome site, btw). I tried for 30 minutes to get him to take a better picture with his fist in the air, but ended up using an older photo that would make do. I think they turned out cute.

Ok, my last photo is from my other addiction. This is all from CVS. I spent $4.24 and still have $5 in ExtraCare bucks left. I'm such a consumer.

BNK
1. Thank you for blogging more regularly. Your adoring public appreciates the effort.
ReplyDelete2. Please report back on the potty training. If successful we will try it at the Knowles house. And how did you know he was ready? Did you just decide?
3. I need you to walk me through this CVS money saving thing you have going on. I still don't get it. I need a coupon class. You should conduct those and charge people. Graham can run around peeing on the floor during class and you'll make your fun money.
1. If anyone can brag about blogging regularly, it would be you. I'm very impressed with your initiative, in fact, it's inspiring.
ReplyDelete2. I will give a full narrative hopefully tomorrow on either the success/failure of this potty training venture. Yesterday, I would have said it was a failure, today I would say it is a success. And for knowing he was ready? I was ready.
3. I'll email you my CVS "stick it to the man" strategy.