Amy Lee and Seether did a song together called
Broken. It's on my ipod. They're both weird as heck, but I like the song. But my reference to "Broken" this morning is in honor of Eric's grandma, not a grunge band. Graham is potty trained! With the exception of a #2 accident (I won't go into details), he peed in the potty and not on the floor all day yesterday. He also woke up dry this morning. Joy asked me 2 days ago if it had "clicked" yet, and on Saturday I was ready to throw in the towel, marking it a failure...there was no clicking going on. But there was a definite transition yesterday. He was aware of the sensation and able to communicate it with us. Eric and I both think it was frustrating for him for us to be so focused on something that was never a focus before. It made him upset when he had an accident on the floor or wet the sheets, but we tried hard to not let him associate that with bad behavior. There was a lot of praising and rewards. I cannot tell you how many times we said "tell mommy or daddy when you need to go potty" and "good job keeping your underwear dry". We are sick of saying that as much as Graham is probably sick of hearing it. I am nervous about children's day out tomorrow, through. I don't know how he'll take to telling his teachers that he needs to go potty, and if he'll be able to pee in another bathroom. I'll just pack extra clothes and stay by the phone. Of the 2+ years of being a parent, I would mark this as being the most stressful so far.

We used stickers for rewards. The residue is hard to get off.
On the previous post, I had a picture of a pendant I got at an estate sale. I took it to the jeweler on Saturday and got $40 for it. A 1600% return on my money is pretty good I think.
And for the doozy! I mentioned an opal ring in my last post as well. I had told Eric about it last month when I found it at the antique store. We're not usually Valentine's Day people, but this is what I found on the kitchen counter this morning.

Awesome!
BNK
Hooray! This is a huge step! I need details though. How many days did it take? Was it bad bad bad and then click ok? Or did it progressively get better? How many accidents per day? Also way to go EK on the ring. I like it!!
ReplyDelete