Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Trimester Greetings

At this every 4 month posting rate, I should have more fun stuff to tell about each post. Unfortunately, my idea of fun these days is actually finishing the pot of coffee in the morning, getting out of my pajamas by the time Eric gets home, and making a late night run to Target sans kids. I'll start, abbreviated of course, from where I last left y'all waiting in suspense.
We started P90X about 6 weeks post baby. I hate Tony Horton. Got halfway through, while Eric finished the whole thing. He looks great. I look...like I've had two babies.
The kids and I made a trip to Olathe Kansas to see my brother and watch an MNU football game. Dad came down to help me with the drive. Like I said before, I will not be traveling by myself with them for a long while. Made a travel triangle and went to Colorado for a week after that. Mom came back home with me and the next day, Graham had his second set of tubes put in his ears.
Thanksgiving was spent up in Colorado with my family. The only picture I took was on the drive up when we stopped in Brahms in Canyon. You know how the star led the wise men to Jesus? This sign in the sky led to ice cream.The month of December blurred by. Graham's 2 year birthday party was unseasonably warm, making me wish I would have cleaned up my backyard more. At least I had Paul pick up the dog poop. Speaking of Paul, he drove down for G's b-day and an early Christmas, along with my parents. He had just purchased a new pick-up truck, which made Eric want a new truck. He says he's over it now.Instead of a cake, we made rice crispie cars. Live and learn, with emphasis on live. Nobody died after eating spray paint fumes that had permeated through the plastic wrap from the "road". Graham loved his "ars". We are having some speech issues with him consonant dropping.
Thank God my parents were here to watch the kids while I stayed with Eric during his tonsillectomy and septoplasty. It was planned for them to be here during the surgery, but it was not planned for the surgery to last 3+hours and be at the hospital for 12 hours. All is well now, Eric is breathing better, but I don't recommend a major surgery and driving 5 hours all within 2 days of Christmas. Unless you're cheap like us and want to make the most of your HSA.
We spent Christmas and the week after in North Richland Hills with Eric's parents and grandparents. It was a relaxed visit, especially for Eric, who was high on Lortab. Saw some friends and family and all around had a good time.We have since been back to Ft. Worth twice this month, once for a visit with our friends, Sean and Camila who were in town from Atlanta, and then again for Frank's retirement party. He's been with Lockheed Martin for 43 years, since college. I couldn't take my camera into the party at Lockheed...government security mambo jambo...but I did take it to dinner at Tejas de Brazil that night. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy eating. It was incredible. It had never felt so good to be so carnivorous.Poor Neely, again hardly in any pictures. I'll do a quick montage...


Other happenings this month include...
1)rice cereal. She is hungry. It takes a lot to keep up her girlish figure.
2)the flu. Actually, that was last month. G tested positive, even though he had the flu shot. It was the week of Eric's surgery/birthday party/parents & brother in town/Christmas.
3)RSV. Times 2. G got it at CDO, and N got it from him. Massive amounts of sputum and snot at this house.
4)2 days a week at CDO! Yea for mommy!
5)riding a tricycle. G's a pro now. Finally got that pedal thing down.
6)knowing our ABC's. G's enthralled with letters. He points them out at CVS, on billboards, on packaging. We have Leapfrog's Letter Factory memorized. I remember seeing a youtube video of a 2 year old who knew all of the US presidents. Yeah, we're not there yet.
BNK

No comments:

Post a Comment